Below we present the basic procedure to apply for subsidies in The Netherlands. This is an extract from a presentation given by SenterNovem, the main subsidy organ of the Dutch government. All kinds of exeptions to the procedure presented are possible. You can download the whole presentation at `Downloads`.
- Define the main points of your project: what is the purpose of the project and what are its most important elements?
- Specify the subsidy opportunities
- Examine the objectives and conditions of the regulations of each option
- Is the project idea in accordance to the objectives and conditions of the regulations? If yes: then submit a request.
- Complete the application form and produce the necessary appendices/attachments
- Try to bring to worlds together, but do not harm your own project
- Have a third party examine the concept for logic and consistency
- Send in application in good time in tendering process (electronically if possible)
- The application must be complete!!
Allocation / Rejection
- Completion test (has everything been done that is required)
- Contextual assessment by SenterNovem
- Treatment of application by advisory board: recommendation on allocation or refusal, assessment with eventual ranking, extra conditions
- Financial test/ adjustment of submitted budget
- Decision: awarded or declined
- Conditions (i.e. when are reports needed)
Execution of Project
- Think of good project administration from the start
- Closing hour administration is important
- Follow original project planning
- With greater deviations in time or contents, inform subsidiser in time
Interim reporting and statement (Assessment of progress and advance payment)
- Bi-annual progress report plus summary of made and paid charges
- Subsidiser/SenterNovem will contact or visit
- With agreement, report of payment of advance on subsidy
Concluding report (establishment of definitive subsidy)
- After completion of the project final report and final statement
including accountants statement involving project charges
- Subsidiser/SenterNovem determines the definite subsidy and pays the difference between already paid advances