Code of Governance
The purpose of this Code of Governance is to state basic principles which will guide the Members of the Governing Board of the NICCT and the NICCT officials in carrying out their responsibilities:
- Maintaining the integrity of the NICCT and working in its best interest will be the overriding consideration for the Members of the Board and officials of the NICCT. They should have access to accurate, relevant and timely information for this purpose.
- Acting in good faith, with due diligence and care in the best interest of the NICCT.
- Monitoring and managing potential conflicts of interest of management, Board Members and Members, including misuse of assets and abuse in related party transactions.
- Ensuring the integrity of the NICCT’s accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Ensuring a formal and transparent board nomination and election process.
- Defining clearly and disclosing the mandate, composition and working procedures for the committees established by the Board.
- Not benefiting from their position beyond what is allowed by the governing document and the law.
- Identifying and declaring any potential conflicts of interests affecting them, including conflicting loyalties which may arise when they are appointed as representatives of other organizations.
- Being open, responsive and accountable to the members.
- NICCT Board should encourage the engagement of the members in the Chamber’s long term planning and vision.
This Code of Governance will be reviewed every two years by the General Council of the NICCT at its regular meeting.
In case of any conflict between this code of governance and the constitution of the NICCT, the constitution will prevail.
February 10, 2016